Your Specialist Mover to Australia

Enter your details below for a Free Quote!

Please choose an option

Please choose option

Tell us about your move

Please choose an option

Please choose location

Please choose departure region

Please choose location

Please choose location

Please choose location

Please choose location

Please enter your first name

Please enter your last name

Please give us a contact number

Please enter a valid email address

Tick the box

The New Zealand Government has made is easy to renew your passport while in Australia. A few simple steps and in a couple of weeks, you’ll be ready to go for another ten years.

If have moved to Australia and your passport expires, gets lost, stolen or damaged, it’s imperative that you replace it as soon as possible. It’s a painless process and doesn’t take that long.

Renew an adult passport

Renew online

You can apply online to renew a passport, change your name, and replace a lost, damaged or stolen passport. You must already have a passport in your name, a digital passport photograph, a RealMe login, and a credit card. You also must have an identity referee who has a valid NZ passport, has known you for more than a year, not related to you and not live at the same address as you. You’ll need their passport number, name, date of birth and contact phone numbers.

Renew using paper form

You will need a referee, two physical passport ID photos and a method of payment.

If you want to renew using a paper form, there are two options. The standard Adult Renewal Application Form is for people 16 years old or over, if you have an official or diplomatic passport that has expired or needs renewing, and your name hasn’t changed since the last passport was issued.

You’ll need the New Adult Passport Form if you are 16 years or older and your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged, your name or gender has changed since your last passport was issued, or you have a printed endorsement on the observation page of your NZ passport.

For more information and up to date fees see the New Zealand Passports webite.

Renew or replace a child’s passport

This process is much the same as an adult passport. You can renew online if the child has already had a passport, you have a RealMe login, a digital passport photo and a credit card. You must also have the passport details for a NZ resident who will act as a witness. They must be a non-family member who lives at a different address than you, and they have known your child for more than one year or from birth.

You can also renew using a paper form.

New Zealand Passport Biometric

For more information and up to date fees on a childs assport see the New Zealand Passports webite.

When the passport is received, a child over ten years old must sign their passport themselves on page three. For children under ten- including babies - this must remain unsigned.

A passport for a child born overseas

If you are a NZ citizen, you can register your child as a NZ citizen by descent and get them a NZ passport. You must register their citizenship and order them a passport at the same time. It can take up to 30 days to process the application. An urgent application takes up to ten days. For more information and up to date fees see the New Zealand Passports webite.

Apply using this online form for descent and passport for a child. You must have the child’s full birth certificate with both parents names, and a passport photo that meets the photo criteria. The NZ citizen will need to include their passport number. You’ll need a witness who is over 16 years

Emergency travel document

If your passport has been stolen, lost, damaged or has expired and you need to travel super urgently, then you can apply for an emergency travel document. This is for cases when your travel would need to happen in less than three days’ time, so an urgent passport application would not be fast enough.

This document allows you to travel home to your country of residence or to somewhere where you can apply for your replacement passport. When you do apply for your new passport, you’ll need to submit the emergency travel document, and it will be destroyed along with any visas in the document. This is why it’s not a viable option for any travel other than emergency travel.

You’ll need passport photos, an ID referee and the fee. You can apply here. The referee has to have known your child for at least one year or since birth, have a current NZ passport, and not live with, or be related to you.

Photo requirements

You or your child’s passport photo must meet technical requirements. A digital photo (not scanned) must be a portrait photo with a 4:3 aspect ratio. It must be in jpg or jpeg format, and be between 250kb and 10mb. It must be between 900 and 4500 pixels wide, and 1200 and 6000 pixels high. If you have a physical paper photo, you must supply two photos printed on photo quality paper, 35 x 45mm in dimension.

Two Modern Standard Passport Photos
Standard passport photographs on photo paper

Photos must have a plain background, with no shadow. There has to be a contrast between the background and the face, and plenty of space around the head. The lighting on the face must be even. The face must be in full view, with eyes clearly visible, with no hats, hoods, headbands, head scarves, sunglasses or anything else that obscures the face. Keep a neutral expression, no selfies.

For a photo of a baby, lie the baby on the floor on a plain coloured sheet that is firmly affixed to the floor. Take the photo above the baby with them facing you, eyes open, face in full view.

Our Fixed Price Guarantee:

Our Fixed Price Guarantee:

Unlike many other movers, we will provide you with a fixed quote based on your specific list of items.

Should you wish to add or remove any items, we will adjust our fixed quote accordingly. Hence, no nasty surprises at the end of the move process.

Our Service Promise:

Our Service Promise:

  • We will listen to your individual needs and requirements.
  • We will provide a prompt, competitive quote with in one working day.
  • We will provide you with the highest level of service.
Free In-Home Consultation:

Free In-Home Consultation:

If you are moving the majority of your household items from New Zealand to Australia, one of Ausmoves experienced relocation consultants will visit your home to establish your specific packing requirements and any unique moving needs. Learn more about moving to Australia from NZ.

Go to Top